Cyprus is an island situated in the north-eastern corner of the Mediterranean Sea, functioning as a crossroad between Europe, Asia and Africa and since 1st of May 2004 Cyprus joined the European Union as a full member.
Cyprus’ entrepreneurial environment and supporting facilities compare favourably with those of the best-established centres in the world. The island is considered to be a primary offshore and international business centre among approximately 50 countries offering facilities for these purposes.
Cyprus has developed as a competitive business centre due to:
- offering excellent professional services
- highly reputable financial centre due to its status as a member of the EU
- favourable tax regime
- impressive number of Double Tax Treaties
- financially strong and stable banking sector
- low cost to maintain a Cyprus company
- easy to establish a Cyprus company